Thursday, May 28, 2009

ALERT NOUNS- People (inst. #2)

SSSSOOOOOooOOoooo this weeks 2 alert people are Nola Darling (technically they're 2 people but whatevs) and Concep.. Read on..

I first met Nola Darling when we had sets on the same show at Sputnik last year. No need to say, we were thoroughly impressed with each other's MC/Singing skills and the rest is history.. These girls are dripping with alertness.. no pause.. Hailing from the west coast is Aziza and from the east, Nikkobya enticing us with a banging, bi-coastal, blend of intellectual, fun and flirty truths, spang (new slang for spit-singing) over retro, island beats. These ladies are definitely AOK with me.. hahaha get it?
Photobucket
Peep this uber alert video they did for their new song "That Nola D":

"That Nola D" by Nola Darling *Boom Boom Pow Remix" from Nola Darling on Vimeo.



This video is delish.. Stalk them at Myspace.com/whoisnoladarling

Next up my man Concep! If you stalk me, you already know of Concep because I stalk him! lol I met Concep last year at a Santigold concert and I knew there was something etra special about him. I saw him do a live painting at Sullivan Room and was completely flabbergasted! Yes.. I said it! flabbergasted!! lol I think he's THE MOST ALERT artist on the scene right now, and as far as im concerned that statement's not debatable.. He recently customized a pair of jeans for me that I will debut at one of my shows so you can look out for that..
Photobucket
Photobucket

Check out this interview he did for Karmaloop recently with Amanda Diva (he's after Asher Roth):


Stalk him at Concepmakelove.blogspot.com

NEXT UP: ALERT NOUNS- Places (inst.#2)

PEACEOFKALAE