Sunday, January 22, 2012

Things tha piss me off.

Im a pretty well mannered individual. I don't come out my face, I'm not aggressive, I would even go as far as to call myself an OPTIMIST. There is very little in this world we live in that I can't see the bright side of. What I'm trynna say is, not very many things piss me off, but in the past few years that I have been gigging in New York City and beyond, and really getting into this Hip Hop game ONE THING and ONE THING alone has continually pissed me off. And I've had enough.

Promoters.

Lets start with what a promoter is SUPPOSED TO DO. Book and promote a show with artists and in a venue, manage time and money before, during and after the show, keep artists and their guests happy, hydrated and well fed, pay for a good sound man, never lose his/her cool when dealing with Murphy's law, and FILL THE VENUE.

Now, to be a great promoter you would have done all of these things well. To be a good promoter you would have FILLED THE VENUE, managed the time and money and adhered to a few of the other things mentioned on that list, to be a DECENT promoter you would have FILLED THE ROOM and payed the artists and nothing else.

If you are an upcoming artist than you can relate to the following feeling. I HAVE NEVER MET A GREAT OR GOOD PROMOTER YET. And I have only met a few decent ones.

What's the deal?

What's going on?

I don't understand the EGO and the AUDACITY of some of these cats.

They don't have an ounce of respect for most artists on the stage, they expect the artists to do all the leg work and all they care about booking huge acts and GUESS WHAT? they do it and STILL can't pack a room and then blame the artist!

I've done shows where I was promised a fixed amount and after I held up my end of the bargain, I get gyped and what am I supposed to do? I know a headliner that SUED a promoter once for that ish, but I didn't have a contract like they did.

And what I don't understand about this is, we're supposed to pay for rehearsal to practice to do a good show to make money for you, but WE don't get paid?? Someone explain the logic here. I'm a human being. I provide a service. I'm an entertainer. People come to watch me and you don't want to pay me for it?

You are a bunch of low life losers that wish you could do what I do for a living but you can't so you feed off of us cuz the closest you can get to stardom is adjacent. I loathe you.

exoh
KALAE

ps. Sorry, I really needed to get that out. Anyone wanna book me? hahaha