Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mind Over Matter



"The Quality of life is in proportion, always, to the capacity for delight."


(Picture courtesy of Ko-Shin Musica follow her 92-day juice fiesta journey on HER BLOG)

Yesterday I was asked "Why are you going on a juice cleanse?"
I thought this was really interesting because I've never really heard that question before. Usually "Im going on a juice cleanse" leads to responses like "Good for you!" "Nice, what are you juicing?" "You're just gonna drink JUICE?" But never a why. I was really unprepared for the question so I simply answered,
"Because I want to."

I don't think that I'm doing a juice cleanse, I think the juice cleanse is doing me and I have no idea what to expect and what benefits I will receive from this venture. All I know is that I made the immediate commitment to do it as soon as it crossed my mind that's a sign of personal growth for me. I tend to come up with a lovely idea and if I get to it within a year I'd consider it to be timely :) I'm now executing like I never have before and I'm impressed with myself. Go KALAE! Hahaha. Im also under the impression that on some level I've lost control. I think all of us have in some way or another and this is a common way to get back on track. Mind over matter. I control my body, my body does not control me. Of course the aim is to connect mind, body and soul into one powerful, magnetic and godlike creature, but this can only be done once the lion is tamed. Then you control the roar and that's what you need to find balance.

This is only my third day on my juice cleanse but this is what I've been feeling so far. Clarity, connectedness, presence, awareness, compassion, understanding, lightness, energy, awake, a live, invigorated, plentifulness, contentment and discipline. Now I've felt all of these things before, at any individual time and place-maybe because of exterior influences or my natural positive light from the inside--but this light inside is growing---or rather, I'm peeling back the layers of darkness that have gathered over and around it along the years and letting my true sparkle shine through. We all have these things inside of us waiting to thrive consistently and at all times and not just once in a while when something "good" happens to us. I read an amazing quote in "The Artist's Way" yesterday that said "The Quality of life is in proportion, always, to the capacity for delight."
"The Quality of life is in proportion, always, to the capacity for delight."
"The Quality of life is in proportion, always, to the capacity for delight."

I am not only juicing but I am meditating, doing morning pages, going on artist date's and artist walks (as per "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron). I think meditation is the best thing anyone can do for themselves. If you do nothing else with yourself, with your day, with your life, please meditate. And if you think you can't do it, if you struggle through it, if you don't enjoy it-guess what?
YOU NEED IT THE MOST. Stick with it. You will notice change.
Mind over Matter.

KALAE