Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I won a New York Music Award for Rising Star!

I am so honored to announce that i have won a New York Music Award for Rising Star! I can hardly believe it. I don't even know how it happened but it did! Im VERY excited to be a part of such a prestigious award that has been awarded to NY cities finest such as Lady Ga Ga and Billy Joel when they were just up and comers. This is the first award I have ever won and Its so validating to know that people are recognizing me and my talents. When I found out yesterday via one of the best NY city rappers out right now, YC The Cynic, I didn't know what to think. I said "huh?" and "what are you talking about?" enough times to make him wanna chew his fingers off, but he dealt with me until I came out of my utter confusion and realized what had happened to me. I won a fricken NY Music Award.. Thanks so much to everyone at the NY Music Awards and shouts to Birthplace Mag for also winning an NYMA and for writing about me constantly. I feel so special right now.

You can check out the write up HERE.

ex.oh.ex.oh KALAE